Welcome to Dr Jo Science Solutions! I am a qualified teacher and research scientist with more than 10 years experience developing and delivering fun and engaging curriculum-relevant, hands-on science workshops in schools.
Inspire and engage pupils, increase science capital in your school and enrich the curriculum with an educational visit from Dr Jo Science Solutions.
I am passionate about science, children and education. Young people are naturally curious scientists who wonder about the world. Dr Jo Science Solutions workshops are fun, informative and thought-provoking through hands-on practical experiments and investigations, sparking a long-lasting enthusiasm and love of science.
Ideal to support and enhance your current teaching topic through individual workshops, whole school science days and careers events. Supporting you, your pupils and the curriculum.
Each workshop will:
- Promote a love of science
- Spark curiosity
- Inspire pupils
- Create a thirst for knowledge
- Make science exciting and accessible for all
- Be curriculum-relevant
- Develop a positive attitude towards science
Click to see details of Dr Jo Science Solutions range of workshops.
Teachers and Headteachers
- Staff CPD on delivering practical science activities
- Scientist helpline – get in touch to ask subject knowledge questions, suggestions for curriculum-led activities, advice on running science events in your school and for links to additional resources
- Small focus group work addressing misconceptions (ideal for PPG) or stretching more able pupils
- Science PPA cover and supply teaching
- STEM clubs
- Science curriculum
- Practical science
- Scientific copy editing
I have been impressed by Jo’s dynamic and creative teaching and presentation style which captures children’s imagination and makes them want to discover more.
Mr Bryant, Headteacher, William Westley Primary School.
I have had the pleasure of watching Jo in action in the classroom. Jo took a bunch of tired, slightly hyper children and transformed them into little scientists by her array of engaging activities and her calm, unflappable manner.
Dr W, Governor, Cambridgeshire Primary School.
•Enhanced DBS • QTS • Member ASE (Association for Science Education) •Public Liability & Indemnity Insurance•